Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Tuesday 30 November 2010

World Peace

World Peace

I am the ruling authority in the world, and I have the power to change the world, to create war or to create peace.
' She's mad', some would say, on hearing me make this statement.  Others would say nothing, would just avoid me, thinking 'She's mad'.
Yet whether I speak these words or merely think them, I will maintain that I am the ruling authority in the world and I have the power to change the world, to create war or create peace.
the reason I can be so certain of this fact is that the world that I speak of is 'my world'.  I have no authority over your world.  I may have some influence, but I have no authority.  'My world' consists of 'myself and others', and the 'power to change my world' depends on my relationship with others, with action, reaction and interaction being the tools that I use, and choice being the hand that uses them.
The Jews have a saying, 'To save one person is to save the world'.  The Muslims have a saying, 'To kill one person is to kill mankind'.  Though the Jew speaks of saving, and the Muslim speaks of killing, they carry the same message, the power to promote war or peace, one through an exhortation, the other through a warning.
These sayings have no authority in my world.  They may have influence, but they have no authority.  Always the power to choose what I promote remains with me.  I can blow on a spark or spit on it.  Whatever I choose to do with the spark will also determine what the spark itself will do.  Herein lies influence.
There is an ancient Chinese proverb which says, 'If there be righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in the character.  If there is beauty in the character, there will be harmony in the home.  If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation.  When there is order in each nation, there will be peace in the world.'
This proverb also carries a message, the influence of righteousness.  This proverb also has no authority in my world.  It may have influence, but it has no authority.  Always the power to choose what I have in my heart remains with me.
So now you see that I am the ruling authority of the world, and I have the power to change the world, to create war or to create peace, ..... my world that is, I can only try to influence yours.

Peace that passes understanding

There is a peace within my soul
no riches could have bought it
I found it not in wealth or fame
in wretchedness I sought it
This peace that passes understanding
peace that I can call my own
can not be found in all the world
It's found in Jesus Christ alone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.