Mhttp://godsbigshow.blogspot.com/y Blog List

Thursday 29 November 2012

I see the Son

In this post I just feel to share some poems that I have written on my walk with the Lord.  I hope they would encourage those believers who read them to continue to trust in the true light of the world, Jesus, in all circumstances.

 
 I see the sun
arising on this world of confusion, its rays reaching out to penetrate even the deepest forests and the darkest caves.  It seeks to take away the cold and the darkness that the night has caused, and to replace them with warmth and light.
 
 
I see rays
that are of such power that the very earth itself seems to rise up to meet them, as if it has been waiting for this dawning, eager to thrust off the terror of the night which once seemed to have no end.
 
 
I see Jesus
'For thou art my lamp O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness.'  2 Samuel ch.22 v.29
 
 
 
To be just like Jesus
 
'Oh for an easy life' they say
'where nothing ever goes wrong'
that's what the world cries out for
but Lord it's not my song
For how would I ever learn patience
without tribulation and trial
and how could I ever endure hard times
yet still be able to smile?
But I say 'Oh to be just like Jesus
to be like the One raised from the dead'
So I'll glory in my afflictions
while the power of God rests on my head
 
 
Horizon

The place where our sun does both rise and set
seems forever out of reach ....and yet
if we walk a straight road at a steady pace
will we not reach one day that unreachable place?
For as far as our own eye is able to see
is the only horizon where we need to be
But when we reach that great line where we'd seen the sun
behold .... as we look there's another one
and the goal that we sought on life's tangled track
is now far behind and we mustn't look back
For we travel life's road making many mistakes
but if we learn from them all then it's worth the heartaches
and if we learn from our journey and have faith in God
not treading again where we've already trod
there's a final horizon awaits you and me
with the most beautiful sunset we ever will see
So what is God telling me through this I ask
is it that in our lives there is always the task
of looking ahead to what we can achieve
and not looking back to what's  caused us to grieve?
For each goal that we set if it's good in God's eyes
will always be blessed if one only tries
But even in times when we walk the wrong track
and a load that's too heavy is strapped to our back
our Lord will correct us and turn us away
from the path on our journey that leads us astray
So do not be anxious or filled with dismay
at what may be round every bend
We've a Father that loves us, who'll show us the way
with a Son who's a trustworthy friend
 
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah ch.26 v.4
 
 



26 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Brenda,

Beautiful! Our Lord is our Rock and He is trustworthy and knows the way we should go.

I love your poems. Thanks for sharing them with us.

God bless sister,
<><

Brenda said...

Hi child of God,
thankyou for your kind comment. Yes our Lord is beautiful and totally reliable isn't He.

God bless you too, and all the little ones you pray for.

Eya Ayambem said...

For how would I ever learn patience, without tribulations and trials? Thank you Brenda. You are blest.

Brenda said...

Hi Eya,
patience eh? I am still learning, but love the way the Lord teaches.
God bless you Eya.

BRAVE AFRICAN said...

May I add:

And the sun points us to the Son
Through Him we find our way to the father
A path that leads us no further
Blissful like no other
Where we find the rest
And succor from all life's tests...

Yes... I do see the sun.

Nice piece Brenda... Nice piece

Eya Ayambem said...

Hi Brenda, I came back to enjoy this lovely post. Have GREAT WEEKEND!

Brenda said...

Hi Brave African,
I was thinking of you yesterday strangely enough. For some reason your blog stays flat at the bottom of my blog reading list, I can't find out why. Yes there are spiritual comparisons in everything God has created aren't there? I love the way God has made a way for His creation to be reconciled back to Him through Jesus.

Brenda said...

Hi Eya,
you have a lovely weekend too

BRAVE AFRICAN said...

Wow... Thanks for having me in your mind and in your prayers too... (now I hope that won't asking for too much). I pray my blog moves a BLOGs up your reading list soon.lol. Blessings and much more.

Priscy said...

Brenda! how you doing today ma'am? I trust all is very well with you.

I love your poems, you write so well, the one you wrote for me on my Mum's birthday gladdens my heart anytime I read it.

Thanks for sharing yet another wonderful piece. God bless you... have a fabulous weekend!

Brenda said...

Hi Priscy,
thankyou for your kind comment, I enjoy your blog too. It is obvious the way you wrote about her that you had a lovely mum. God bless you and you have a lovely weekend too.

Darryl Orrell said...

Sister Brenda,

A wonderful post as always, and I would like to take this opportunity to extend to you a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Year's. May our good Lord's blessings surround you and those you love always.

Blessings!
Thought of the Week Devotion

Brenda said...

Hi Darryl,
Thankyou for your kind comment, and I return that blessing of having a very good and happy time at Christmas and the new year to you and your family. I must go over and check this week's 'thought of the week' when I get back from town this afternoon. The hours in the day seem to fly by lately and I have so much reading of people's blogs that I want to catch up on. The trouble with me (although it is no trouble really) is that I love interacting with people and am always interested in Bible discussions that I tend to look into lots of blogs. God bless you and your family.

T-Childs said...

Love the way you weave poetry and scripture Brenda; I love your blog a whole lot, as it's so inspirational and uplifting.

Brenda said...

Thankyou Tim for your kind comment. I genuinely hope that some of what I write uplifts some people. I used to belong to a writer's group in the last town we lived in and I missed it so much. When I came here I could not find one and then it was a quirk of fate that I was directed to blogging, and I have to say I love sharing and reading other people's writings, yours very much. I think you genuinely write from the heart and that is when it is fellowship.

Just Be Real said...

Patience while waiting is hard. Thank you for sharing Brenda. Blessings.

Laurie Collett said...

What a beautiful poem, Brenda! This line especially speaks to my heart:

For each goal that we set if it's good in God's eyes
will always be blessed if one only tries

He has shown me lately how He is so faithful to see us through whatever He calls us to do.

God bless you,
Laurie

Brenda said...

Hi JBR,
yes I agree, patience can be very hard. Years ago I asked the Lord to help me to have patience, I looked up the meaning in the dictionary 'the ability to endure with calmness', and realized I did not have the calmness. He sent me to work in a home for the aged and I loved working there and started to learn patience from the lovely people who lived there
God bless you

Brenda said...

Hi Laurie,
thakyou for your kind comment. You are so right, He is well able to see us through what He calls us to do.
God bless you

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda, I love how you love the Lord, and unashamedly proclaim His goodness to all who care to listen. I love your blog-just stumbled on it from a friend's, and I am encouraged by the poems. You write so beautifully. I am following right away. God bless you.

Brenda said...

Hello UIK,
lovely to meet you. Thankyou for your kind comment, from which I perceive that you love Him too. So I know that you will understand the way I feel about His goodness.
God bless you too.

Aritha V. said...

Thank you Brenda, for this wonderful, encouraging words. I am glad with is.

Just Be Real said...

(((Brenda)))

Brenda said...

Hi Jedidja, you are very welcome, we have a wonderful, encouraging God don't we.
God bless

Brenda said...

Hello my friend JBR,
I must come over to your blog and see what is going on, you write so many posts. I must be slowing down in my old age ha ha!
God bless and keep you.

Anonymous said...

This is deliberate. [url=http://www.ukdresshop.co.uk]A Line Wedding Dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.expeditionparkaca.com]where to buy canada goose[/url] You do not have to break the bank to own comfy boots or shoes.
Converse started manufacturing them in 1908, but did not introduce the All-Star branding until 1917. [url=http://www.londongenuinepandora.com]thomas sabo uk[/url] Now, after attending the party, if you want to go for shopping, then don't worry at all. For the past many years, our MEIYU machinery has established stable cooperation with domestic and foreign well-known washing chain enterprises successfully to provide drying or washing equipments as well as ironing equipments, presently, our products have been sold to many countries or regions.. The Purchase Manager in-charge of all the purchases is responsible for these items also.
When you are a single parent you have enough stresses going on to keep you busy and you do not need the added stress of paying for your college. [url=http://www.femmescanadagoose.com]canada goose pas cher[/url] But normally, females are placing scarves around their necks and just let it fall freely.
It should also not be heavy. 5. Those that do make for Ammolite jewelry that is stunning to say the least.. [url=http://www.promkleidde.com/]vergünstigte kleider[/url]